Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Half of a Half

It snowed again this weekend! We didn't get as much as last weekend, but it was definitely enough to put us in the cookie baking mode! We decided to make some homemade oatmeal cookies.

Once the cookies were done baking, each one of the kids was given 2 cookies to eat; however, they all begged for more. I told Sawyer that he and Lizzy could split a cookie in half. To make it fair, I divided the cookie for them. I then told Sawyer to give Lizzy her half. "Okay, mommy! I give her half." he said.

I turned away from him, but was still watching him out of the corner of my eye. Just as Sawyer was about to walk off to give Lizzy her half of the cookie, I saw him stop then get this sneaky look on his face. He took Lizzy's half of the cookie and divided it, again, in front of her. He then said so sweetly, "Here you go, Lizzy. Here's your half!" He quickly turned back around and ate the remaining half plus dunked his original cookie half in milk and ate that.

Poor Lizzy didn't even know that she only got half of a half of a cookie.

2 comments:

  1. What is that? I am telling Lizzy! You actually let him only give her a quarter? This is cookie injustice.
    -Aunt Bern

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever little boy! I am enjoying your blog, Ginny. You have some fun stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete