Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Apologize

I'm leaving the Y today after teaching my class and had to run by the post office. Of course, Sawyer and Lizzy wanted to hold the mail until we got there. I gave Sawyer one envelope and Lizzy one envelope. I also let them know that they had to be very careful with the mail because it was special (Maddy's birthday invites).

Not two seconds later, I look back and Sawyer has the envelope in his mouth. I immediately grab it from him and tell him that he can no longer have the mail. I also asked him to apologize because mommy had already told him to be gentle with the envelope.

He, being his stubborn self, would not apologize. I tried to prompt him again, "Sawyer, please apologize." "Sawyer, you need to say that you are sorry."

Lizzy then chimes in, "Come on, Sawyer. Just do it. Say, 'I'm sorry, invitation.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment