Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Goody Bag

Maddy's 6th birthday is coming up at the end of this month. For the longest time, she's been asking Nana and Pop to come eat lunch with her at school.

Yesterday I had to let Maddy know that they wouldn't be able to come to school and eat lunch with her nor would they be able to come for her birthday because Pop was having open heart surgery. Maddy then asked (and spelled out), "What about N-a-n-a?"

I explained that Nana couldn't come because she would be taking care of Pop......Immediately Lizzy started with the "Why?" line of questioning while Maddy showed concern and asked, "Is he going to be alright?"

I explained the best way that I could and assured them that Pop would be fine. Lizzy seemed pretty satisfied with my answer and then ended the conversation by saying, "Well, we'll just have to save Pop a goody bag."

No comments:

Post a Comment