Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Friday, January 28, 2011

No Receipt

All I wanted to do was return some drawer handles that I had just purchased the day before at Lowe's. I even managed to get the very closest parking spot to the front door where the "Returns and Refunds" desk was so conveniently located.

Once we were out of the car, Sawyer asked if I could get out the stroller. Of course, I denied his request. My thinking? We were twenty steps from the front door, my shoulder has been killing me (so I didn't want to lift the dang thing out of the trunk), and the parking lot was filthy. It was covered in dirty snow and ice. Instead of trekking the stroller through the mess only to have my van get even dirtier, I thought my three year old son could sacrifice walking twenty steps to the front door.

My decision to not give into my son's request, turned into whining, crying, limp three year old drama across the lot and into the store.

I got up to the front desk which was manned by a very nice older woman. I handed her the bag of handles I was returning and said, "Here's the receipt." I then turned and pointed at my son and said, "I don't have a receipt for him, but is it possible to return him anyway?"

The lady kindly smiled, refunded my money, sweetly tried to engage with my son who was now being held in my arms. Yes, I had to carry him all the way back to the car. Yes....next time, I will get out the stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment