Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Friday, January 28, 2011

How do you.....?

How do you tell a grown man who you work with that he stinks? It's not that "kinda sweaty" smell. It's the "I work out in these clothes, stuff them in my locker, never take them home to wash them, and then put them on again to work out" smell. It's a horrific B.O. smell.

Another co-worker/friend and I were trying to strategize this dilemma. I told my coworker that he should confront the man because men can talk to each other like that, "Hey, dude? You put on some deo for the b.o. today???" You know, joke around....laugh it off?

My coworker suggested I do it. I am the queen of passive aggressiveness. I would make up a gift basket with deoderant, Axe body spray, some soap, etc. and give it to the stinky man. I would then ask, "Hey, have you had a chance to try the deoderant yet, so-and-so?"

I could go with my sister's approach....she ALWAYS used this on me:

Sister: "Hey! Do I have a booger in my nose?"
Me: "Nope. Looks good."
Sister: "Okay, now it's your turn."
Me: "Huh? Do I have a booger in MY nose?"
Sister: "Yeah. Yeah, ya do."

My brilliant plan to tell stinky man that he smells is to now use my kids. Kids will say whatever and just speak the truth. I remember one time when KP had some overpowering morning breath. Maddy was only two and she asked her dad, "Do you have poo-poo in your mouth?"

I asked my kids how they would tell someone that they were smelly.

Sawyer: "Ummmm. Excuse me? Mr. Man, did you put on deoderant today?"

Lizzy: "Dude. Yeah. Gotta put some deoderant right here and here (pointing to the arm pits). Whew!(holding her nose and waving the scent away)"

Maddy: "Umm..this is my assigned spot and there is YOUR assigned spot (pointing all the way across the room). Can you go stand over there?"

All I know is that I now have a pact with my fellow co-workers that they are to tell me point blank if I ever am having a smelly day.

1 comment: