Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Miracle

The week before Christmas, I had gone shopping at Toys R Us and then Walmart. As I was standing in one of the toy aisles at Walmart - hair a mess, make-up ruined, jeans and a sweatshirt - a kind, young woman walked up to me.

She handed me something and said, "Merry Christmas on behalf of the Liberty Baptist Church." I kindly thanked her not realizing that she had just handed me an envelope with $50 cash in it.

After the woman walked off, I realized what she had given me. I then took off like a maniac running up and down the aisles asking people if they had seen this woman so I could return the money. Unfortunately, my search was unsuccessful.

The next day, I called all of the baptist churches in town and left messages. Not one church called me back. I waited a week and didn't hear anything. I took that as a sign and sent the money to my friend, Melissa, who's five year old daughter was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor in October.

The other day, I came downstairs with my hair all a mess. I think Maddy might have mentioned lion in one of her analogies. Kerpatrick, in my defense, said, "Hey....leave mommy alone. That's her money maker. All she has to do is go out like that and people hand her money."

No comments:

Post a Comment