Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mommy's Job Part II

...Maddy was doing such a great job of taking care of herself that I asked if she wanted to help me. She immediately responded that she did and was so excited to help. I aksed if she would start running the bath water for her sister and brother while I did the dishes.

While I was finishing the dishes, Maddy came down to tell me that she had washed Sawyer's body and his hair, but was having trouble rinsing the shampoo out. She said she was getting water in Sawyer's eyes. She also said that Sawyer wasn't crying, but did ask Maddy to "get mommy" to wash his hair out.

I bathed Sawyer and Lizzy and then got everyone situated with popcorn and a movie for this snowy night. Soon after, all the requests started, "Can I have more popcorn? Can I have a drink? Where's my water?"

Mommy's response, "Whew! When's mommy gonna get a break?"

Maddy very quickly responded, "Hey, you were the one who said you needed something to do because I was taking your job!"

No comments:

Post a Comment