Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chores

Lizzy wanted to purchase a little Polly Pocket doll today at Walmart. She had some Christmas money and I told her that if she wanted to spend the money it was up to her.

I was helping that this excursion would help explain the concept of money, buying, etc. I should have had Lizzy pay for the doll separate from the groceries; however, the cashier had rung up everything altogether.

When we got home, I explained that Lizzy needed to give me the $ for the doll. She did give me the $, but was very upset about it. About an hour later, we revisited the whole situation again and she said she wanted her money back. I told her that she would then have to give me the doll if she wanted the money.

This whole thing ended as an upsetting ordeal and so I kindly offered Lizzy the opportunity to earn her money back. Lizzy was still crying so she tearfully asked, "Wwwwwell, how do I do that?" I said simply, "Chores."

This answer prompted Lizzy to further continue her crying outburst of frustration as she said, "Well, I can't chop wood!!!!...and I can't mow the lawn!!!...."

In a bad parenting moment, I couldn't do anything, but laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment