Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Frank - Part II

On Thursday Frank came by to check on the work he had done Wednesday. He asked if anything needed to be touched up and if I was satisfied with the work. Of course, I told Frank how everything was lovely and how he was doing a fantastic job.

All of a sudden, Lizzy comes running through the house....."Mr. Frank! Mr. Frank! You got grass all over my slide. I couldn't slide down it because there was grass everywhere." It was very matter-of-fact, not rude, more of a constructive feedback kind of tone.

Frank replied, "Oh! I am so sorry. Thank you for letting me know. I won't ever get better and do my job well if no one ever lets me know what I'm doing wrong. Thank you so much." He was, again, kind and gracious. He proceeded to ask, "Is the grass still on there?" Lizzy nodded. Frank continued, "I'll go take care of that right now and I'll make sure when I cut the grass next week to blow off your playset."

I told Frank that it wasn't necessary and that he should call it a night, but Frank ran out to his car, got the blower, and cleaned off all of the playset. Lizzy ran to the back door, opened it, and said, "Thank you, Mr. Frank!!!!!!" in this proud, elated voice.

Frank replied, "No problem! Thank you for telling me what I needed to do better. I wish more people were like you!"

I felt proud of Lizzy for being so honest and wondered where along the way I gained the fear of giving people feedback. I also admired Frank for the gracious way he received the feedback from a 4-year old and, again, was in awe of his pure heart.

1 comment:

  1. Ginny, what a neat story and what a neat man. I love reading your blog. It sounds like you are doing a great job managing things with Kerpatrick away--no small task I might add. I am glad that God sent Frank to be a blessing to you and three sweet children to make you smile.

    ReplyDelete