Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sweet Life

As I was preparing dinner tonight, Maddy, Lizzy, and Sawyer were playing house. Maddy and Lizzy had pregnant bellies and I'm not sure what Sawyer was up to. I heard the girls talking to Sawyer, but again, wasn't following the conversation.

As Sawyer climbed up to the counter, he looked at me with a very distressed look. He proceeded to ask, "Mommy, you gonna have another baby?"

I said, "Uh...no. You're my baby."

The girls then sighed, "Aww, man!?!?!?!"

I then asked, "Do you want mommy to have another baby?" Of course, I knew what the girls would say. They both replied quickly, "Yeah!!!"

What I didn't expect was the immediate reaction I got from Sawyer. He, again, very distressingly said, "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It cracked me up because the girls have always been up for siblings and here was my little boy, the baby of the family, who understood what would happen to his position in the family and very clearly was not even remotely interested in giving that up. Ahhhh.....the sweet life he has.

No comments:

Post a Comment