Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Strawberry Picking

This past weekend I went to visit Kansas City to go house hunting and check out the area. It was the very first time that we had left the kids alone for an extended time without either Kerpatrick or myself being there.

Our neighbor, Katie, stayed with them one of the days and decided to take all three of them strawberry picking. When I called that night to check on them, Katie told me all about strawberry picking. She said that it was so funny how each one of their little personalities came to light during their trip. I asked her how so and this is what she explained to me...

They had been picking strawberries for about half an hour and when Katie looked in Maddy's bucket, Maddy had 12 strawberries. Each one of Maddy's strawberries were perfect. They were gorgeous in size, color, and shape. She had been meticulous in her quest for strawberries. Her quality control was above what a normal six year old should care about.

When Katie checked Lizzy's bucket, Lizzy had over 400 strawberries. Her bucket was overflowing and she just kept picking whatever red berry she saw.

When Katie looked over at Sawyer, he had no strawberries in his bucket because they were all over his face, hands, legs, hair, etc. He was just picking and eating. Picking and eating.

I giggled at this story. It was so typical of my three children. So individual in nature, so independent...

No comments:

Post a Comment