Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Friday, January 29, 2010

God Bless Her


Lizzy, our 4 year old, is our middle child. Our discovery of her existence was deemed a "pleasant surprise" and she has continued to graciously surprise us with her unique personality (and sense of style).

Every Monday, Lizzy and I sit down to do her pre-k homework. It's called Home Connection and involves me asking Lizzy a series of questions based off of that week's theme in school. Lizzy then dictates the answers to me and I write them down for her. I used to prompt Lizzy for the correct answer until I realized that Lizzy's answers to these questions were so hilariously funny I needed to share them with her teacher.

Last week -

Me: "Lizzy, how do scarves, mittens, and hats keep us warm?

Lizzy sat there pondering the question. All of the sudden, her face looked up at me like she just made some huge discovery. Her eyes got big and she proceeded to give me the following answer...

Lizzy: "I know! The clothes are superhero clothes!"

This week -

Me: "Lizzy, what does the word winter begin with?"
Lizzy: "W"
Me: "What does the letter W sound like?"
Lizzy: "d-d-d-double u."
Me: "Okay? Um...well what words begin with w?"
Lizzy: "Water."
Me: "Yes, Lizzy! That's it! Great! What else?"
Lizzy: "Watermelon.....Water from the water park?....Water from the pool!....Water from the puddle....Water from the........"

God bless her.

No comments:

Post a Comment