Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Couch Boat


Last Saturday, my oldest child (Maddy, 5) and youngest child (Sawyer, 2) built this fantastic boat out of our couch, pillows, blankets, etc. The boat was even complete with a guitar being used as a paddle. The role playing continued for a while until it was time to go grocery shopping. I called the kids so they could go through the normal routine before leaving the house.....go to the bathroom, put on their socks, shoes, and jackets. Sawyer immediately followed directions and got ready to leave. In usual Maddy fashion, she had to be called repeatedly to come get ready. When I finally got to the point of frustration, she whimsically showed up at the front door. In my stern tone, I began to lecture her on how the rest of the family was ready to go and we were waiting on her blah, blah, blah. I finally asked, "Maddy, what have you been doing?" To my amusement, she confidently answered, "I had to put my anchor down."

I looked at my hubby and we both smirked. How can you argue with that answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment