Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Boob Job

On August 30th of this year, I underwent surgery for my shoulder. The surgeon originally thought that he was going to go in and clip the labrum, but I ended up having the rotator cuff repaired, labrum clipped, and then bone spurs removed.

For the procedure, they gave me a nerve block which really hit me hard. Kerpatrick came back to be with me and I could hardly open my eyes; yet, the nurses, doctors, and anesthesiologist came frequently to check on me. Everytime a medical personnel would come in, they would ask, "Okay, what are we having surgery on?" They did this to verify which extremity, right or left, was being operated on.

Apparently after answering the same question a dozen times, I became quite aggitated. The last time the nurse came in Kerpatrick was with me. She again asked what I was having surgery on, but this time I replied, "I'm having a boob job."

I said it with my eyes closed and did not smirk, giggle, or laugh. Poor Kerpatrick stood there in disbelief as, once again, his wife was able to put him in another awkward situation even while being sedated. He then had to explain to the nurse how I was really there for shoulder surgery although I'm sure he thought about not correcting me and letting me undergo breast augmentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment