Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Adventures

I have been trying to get the kids excited about our long three day trip to Kansas City. Today I said, "You guys, we get to go on an adventure!!!!"

Maddy excitedly replied, "An adventure?!?!? What kind of adventure?"

In the most animated voice I said, "We are going to be driving across our great nation for three days. We will be staying in hotels - with pools! We will get to Kansas City and live in a hotel for a week!!!"

Maddy made this very unconvinced face and then said, "That's not an adventure." I replied, "Sure it is!" She then corrected me saying, "No. An adventure is going through the jungles of South Africa.....climbing to the top of Mt. Everest. Seeing the Man in the Mountain (New Hampshire). Those are adventures."

I quickly resigned realizing that my six year old was smarter than me and said, "Okay, then, you ready for our trip?"

No comments:

Post a Comment