Three Lil' Lewis Children

Three Lil' Lewis Children

Friday, November 19, 2010

Bugs

To preface this story......Kerpatrick and I do not allow the kids to eat anywhere in the house except the kitchen and thedining area. We also stress the importance of using a plate to eat over, etc. We tried to explain the concept of crumbs attracting bugs...blah, blah, blah....

So, tonight I was in the kitchen making dinner when Lizzy came up from the playroom with a bunch of stuff. She had "made" me some food (with her play food)....a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich to be exact.

It was really cute. She sat in the middle of the kitchen setting a place for me with the food. Of course, she was right in my path of going back and forth from the stove to the counter to the fridge to the counter and so on.

I politely thanked Lizzy for the "meal" and asked her if she could return her "food" to the playroom. She replied, "Why?" as I was looking at the toys in the middle of the floor thinking that I was bound for an accident. I, replied to her, "Why do you think mommy wants you to move it?"

She stood there for a while, looked inquisitively at me, and said, ".....because of bugs?"

No comments:

Post a Comment